Sunday, February 13, 2005

JetBrains at the Tipping Point

I noticed a huge 200% increase in web traffic at the JetBrains web site. What could explain it? Is JetBrains on the verge of something great, or am I just an overzealous employee? You be the judge! I made a screencast of my analysis here.

Wouldn't you know it, by the time I published this, the graph at Alexa has already changed. However, those are real graphs I show in the screencast. See the last 28 days of JetBrains and Eclipse.

In the screencast, I mention IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse a lot. In case you're not familiar with them, IDEA is an integrated development environment (IDE) for programming in Java, and Eclipse is an open-source plugin platform that happens to sport a Java IDE of its own. The article I mention by Sergey Dmitriev can be found here.

The idea to do a screencast was inspired by Jon Udell's cool Wikipedia screencast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Miller said...

What software did you use to create the screencast? I've seen five or six of these now, and nobody mentions it. :)

February 16, 2005 2:15 AM  
Blogger Rob Harwood said...

There are different ways to do it, but I used Camtasia Studio 2.

February 16, 2005 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home