Sunday, February 13, 2005

JetBrains at the Tipping Point

I noticed a huge 200% increase in web traffic at the JetBrains web site. What could explain it? Is JetBrains on the verge of something great, or am I just an overzealous employee? You be the judge! I made a screencast of my analysis here.

Wouldn't you know it, by the time I published this, the graph at Alexa has already changed. However, those are real graphs I show in the screencast. See the last 28 days of JetBrains and Eclipse.

In the screencast, I mention IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse a lot. In case you're not familiar with them, IDEA is an integrated development environment (IDE) for programming in Java, and Eclipse is an open-source plugin platform that happens to sport a Java IDE of its own. The article I mention by Sergey Dmitriev can be found here.

The idea to do a screencast was inspired by Jon Udell's cool Wikipedia screencast.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe Walker said...

The new free open source licence might have something to do with it:
http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/opensource/

February 15, 2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Charles Miller said...

What software did you use to create the screencast? I've seen five or six of these now, and nobody mentions it. :)

February 16, 2005 2:15 AM  
Blogger Rob Harwood said...

There are different ways to do it, but I used Camtasia Studio 2.

February 16, 2005 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

The fact is that the INTERNET is making people WEALTHY! Shouldn't YOU be one of them? Dear friend, I don't know about you, but I like to be free from a job and able to travel anywhere around the globe. Here is the key to doing just that...Click here on my rotation link and join me so you can be free as a bird and clear of financial worries: FIND OUT NOW!

August 13, 2006 2:36 AM  
Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Join NOW for FREE...

The Quick and FREE Way to Get a SWARM of Visitors to Your Site!

To find out more visit: global online systems site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and global online systems related stuff.

August 13, 2006 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

The fact is that the INTERNET is making people WEALTHY! Shouldn't YOU be one of them? Dear friend, I don't know about you, but I like to be free from a job and able to travel anywhere around the globe. Here is the key to doing just that...Click here on my rotation link and join me so you can be free as a bird and clear of financial worries: FIND OUT NOW!

August 14, 2006 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog is Awesome. I am glad that I got a chance to come by and check it out. I am always looking for hot information that will help my online business to flourish.http://www.affiliatehomebasedbusiness.com

September 16, 2006 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home